It’s a fact… people love getting gifts.
And the top holiday for giving gifts is, of course, Christmas. It’s almost a foregone conclusion that a company gives gifts to employees, vendors and clients at Christmas.
The problem with that that, though, is Christmas is over, and those company gifts may have gotten lost in the chaos of the holiday season. The gifts may not be as appreciated because it was expected (which ruins half the joy of getting any gift, the SURPRISE factor).
This year, switch it up and try giving gifts on another holiday or special occasion, to make sure your gift has impact and surprise.
Here are a few ideas for when to send out an employee, client or vendor gift, instead of Christmas:
- International Talk Like A Pirate Day – September 19, 2023 – It’s not a real holiday, yet, but it’s well known. It’s also right at a time of year where almost nothing is happening. People are back from summer vacations, and they have not started planning for the end-of-year holidays either. This is a perfect time to surprise your clients and employees with some TREASURE, to show your appreciation.
- Opening Day of Baseball Season – March 30, 2023 – Really you can go with any sports, like basketball, hockey, football, but Baseball is the US “National Pastime.” It also happens in March, another month where not much is going on, so a gift of a Company Jersey and Ball Cap would be very unexpected. It also allows companies to affiliate with local teams and create a sense of community around a sports team.
- Groundhog Day – February 2, 2023 – This is a perfect chance to send out a mix of winter and summer swag as a way of hedging your bets on what the groundhog chose. Want to really play into the holiday? Split up your gift and make sure the client gets the same box (with different items) on Feb. 2 and Feb. 3, to make them feel like they are repeating the same day!
- April Fools Day – April 1, 2023 – Send all of your clients or employees a beautifully printed empty box with APRIL FOOLS printed on the inside… It would definitely be a surprise! It may also be a surprise if they get upset at the prank… (Maybe don’t listen to this one, unless your company is the ACME JOKE COMPANY.)
- Your Company’s Anniversary – Make the anniversary of your company a big deal! Give gifts to everyone involved as a way to thank them for helping continue the company vision and mission for another year!
There are plenty of other options for holidays other than Christmas. St. Patrick’s Day, 4th of July, Mardi Gras, National Pizza Day, etc. are all great options that you can create a campaign around. If you need more ideas, give ACTION PLUS IDEAS a call today!